Icom proudly announces the debut of the new mobile transceiver, IC-F2810. This series is designed as a high grade model, and has many attractive features that are suited to the B&I and public safety markets. Features such as full-dot matrix LCD, detachable front panel, heavy-duty microphone and multiple signaling. This series continues Icom's new direction theme for our LMR/PMR product line. Durable, multi-function reliable radios for everyone.
MAJOR SELLING POINTS:
- BIIS 1200 compatible
- Dot-matrix, multi-function LCD
- Detachable front panel
- Heavy-duty microphone, HM-148
- Multiple signaling standard
Dot matrix, multi-function LCD
A dot matrix high contrast type LCD is employed for the function display. Up to 24 characters can be displayed with the option of 1 or 2 line display. Keypad and LCD back-lighting is standard.
Detachable front panel
The detachable front panel provides variety of mounting possibilities and is easy to install in various vehicle types. (Optional RMK-2 and OPC-607/608/609 are required).
Heavy-duty microphone, HM-148
The new heavy-duty hand microphone HM-148* uses a dynamic microphone that is made to handle punishment. The oversized dimensions allow for easy use with gloves on and the curl cord can be easily replaced by simply opening the case. Easy maintenance for long term use.
The IC-F2810 has all of the popular signaling systems as standard. 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS, DTCS and DTMF encoder and decoder are built-in.
256 memory channels, 32 memory zones
Up to 256 memory channels can be divided into 32 memory zones (formerly called "banks") and allows you quick access to the intended channel. Each memory channel stores a variety of settings, such as output power, tone frequency, scan list and so on. Wide, middle, narrow channel spacing is programmable per channel.
Tactical group function
The tactical group function allows you to temporarily regroup memory channels into a new memory zone (without PC cloning). The tactical group memory channels can be transfered between transceivers. This function allows you to construct a temporary work group on site for example during a forest fire.
BIIS 1200 compatible
The following selective calling and data messaging features are available.
- Up to 95-character SDM (Short Data Message)
- 8 SDM transmit memories (Up to 10-characters each)
- 24-status messages
- PC/Printer interface
- Own ID and 7 Group IDs registration
- Digital ANI (Automatic Number Identification)
- Max. 6 received SDM and message history and max. 3 received call history capability
- Alphanumeric memories show memory name, instead of calling number
- Position data transmission with a GPS receiver
The IC-F2810 has a built-in inversion type voice scrambler in all versions. When a more secure scrambler system is required, the optional UT-109 & UT-110 is also available.
- Audio compander is built-in
- Microphone hanger action programmable (Scan, monitor, priority channel)
- RS-232C (D-SUB 25 pin) connector for future modem, PC connection
- Power on password